Date:      Thu, 9 Jun 2011 19:20:04 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        Roman Divacky <rdivacky@freebsd.org>
Cc:        toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   llvm-ia64 is off the ground...

[CC toolchain@ -- more eyes is probably better]

Hi Roman,

I created the projects branch and committed a skeletal target
for ia64 that's based on MSP430. I also discovered that CLang
needs some target info, so I added that too.

The branch is:
	projects/llvm-ia64

When you have time, feel free to go over it and critique what
I've done.

My next steps are simple: Fix whatever blocks me from making
progress:

ns1% cat ~/incr.c
int
incr(int x)
{
  return (x + 1);
}
ns1% clang -ccc-host-triple ia64 -S ~/incr.c
'generic' is not a recognized processor for this target (ignoring processor)
error: unable to interface with target machine
1 error generated.

(The target defines generic as the default subtarget, but I
 didn't add that to IA64.td. I added CPU implementations as
 a test case. I just need to match things up)

--
Marcel Moolenaar
marcel@xcllnt.net