Date:      Thu, 22 May 2008 15:38:27 +0800
From:      Ganbold <ganbold@micom.mng.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw fwd layer2/ftp proxy

Hi there,

I'm having trouble allowing ftp connections through ipfw (default deny)
enabled bridge firewall.
I'm wondering whether it is possible to have some kind of transparent
ftp proxy in such case.

Is there anyway I can allow ftp proxying without layer2 forwarding on
ipfw bridge?

I thought of forwarding packets in layer2, however it seems like ipfw
still doesn't support that.
I saw old patches of luigi@ and if somebody already has adapted that
patch for RELENG_6/7 please let me know.

I know my last try is to deny everything I don't want and then allow the
rest. However I would
like to make it work in current configuration.
Please let me know your ideas.

thanks in advance,

Ganbold

--
Sometimes I simply feel that the whole world is a cigarette and I'm the
only ashtray.