Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 21:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hye-Shik Chang <perky@python.or.kr>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/28242: New port: graphics/py-gdchart

The following reply was made to PR ports/28242; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Hye-Shik Chang <perky@python.or.kr>
To: anders@fix.no
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 13:11:10 +0900 (KST)

 >Hi,

 Hi!

 >Uhm. I think this port should have PORTNAME py-gdchart too. There is
 >already a gdchart port. Also, maybe it should be considered to use the

 but, most of python port uses same name with their other
 language interface. (with PKGNAMEPREFIX=PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX)
 (eg. net/py-xmlrpc, net/ruby-xmlrpc
       net/py-soap, net/ruby-soap
       net/py-irc, net/ruby-irc,
       textproc/py-expat, textproc/expat )
 I have known it is possible. (all right sides of eg. are knu's :)

 >gdchart port as a dependancy instead of using a local copy of both
 >gdchart and gd. I modified my gdchart port to use PNGs instead of GIFs
 >like recent versions of gd does. There are legal issues attached, and

 Errr. but, I have failed to compile py-gdchart with current version.
 Many functions were missing. :(

 >the gd author recommends switching to PNG. I don't see a good reason for
 >using outdated versions of gd from sub-libraries.

 Yup, I patched it already in this PR.

 >Let me know if you need the gdchart port updated to version 0.10.1 to
 >use it.

 Hmm. no. After it have been possible to build py-gdchart with gdchart
 stable release, I will fix this port to depend on gdchart. :)

 >Cheers,

 Thank you very much! :)

 Hye-Shik Chang, a.k.a. "Perky"
 Mechatronics, Yonsei University, Korea
 Public Key: http://openlook.org/pgp.txt
 PGP Fingerprint : 115C CF2F D90D 8AFE F45B 0356 21DA 398B 6474 11EA