Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 11:04:45 -0800
From:      Jim Mock <jim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org, developers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   pccard ATA support broken in -STABLE

I'm not sure exactly when this broke (it worked shortly after BSDCon),
but in -STABLE built as of a few minutes ago, it's not working.  Here's
what happens when I insert the pccard/flashcard:

   pccard: card inserted, slot 0
   ata2 at port 0x240-0x24f irq 11 slot 0 on pccard0
   ata2-master: ata_command: timeout waiting for intr
   ata2-master: identify failed

Nothing has changed (other than building world) since the last time this
worked, so I'm guessing the latest ata changes that were MFC'd is what's
causing it.

Here's the pccard.conf entry, which hasn't changed and worked until
recently:

   # Kingston Compact Flash Card
   card "KINGSTON TECHNOLOGY CF CARD" "V5.00"
	   config  0x1 "ata2" ? iosize 16
	   logstr  "64MB Compact Flash Card"

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Also, if this is an ata
problem, it should definitely be fixed before 4.2 is rolled.

- jim

--
jim mock <jim@jmock.com>        work: jim@osd.bsdi.com | jim@FreeBSD.org
http://soupnazi.org/              BSDi Open Source Div | http://bsdi.com