Date:      Thu, 7 Jul 2005 16:00:24 -0700
From:      "Gayn Winters" <gayn.winters@mail.bristolsystems.com>
To:        "'Evan Jones'" <evan.jones@tilcon.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD 5.4 and Sli 3114 sata controller broken?

My guess is that you are going to have to wait for the "mk III" patches
in the ata controller driver that are coming in 6.0.  Those of us using
the Intel ICH5 and ICH6 controllers (search for ICH6 in the mail
archives for questions, hackers, and hardware) are in the same boat.  To
learn about mk III (or mk3) read Soren Schmidt's March progress report
on the ata driver. Man ata shows that the SiI 3114 is supported, at
least as a set of disks.

-gayn