Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:35:58 -0500
From:      "Aard Nerd" <aard.nerd@gmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   64-bits platform question

Hi list, as far as I know Intel 64 architecture (formerly known as Intel
Extended Memory 64 Technology, or Intel EM64T) enables 64-bit computing on
desktop when combined with supporting software. If I am right, 64-bit
computing (on Intel architecture) requires a computer system with a
processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications
enabled for Intel EM64T architecture. So I bought an ASUS P4P800-VM with a
3.0GHz processor that supports Intel EM64T and 1Gb of Infineon PC3200 RAM
memory. The system is ok...so why I can't install BSD 64 bits with my system
???

Any clues, thanks in advance.

Cheers / Me.