Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:45:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      "John Hein" <gnome-jfbml@snkmail.com>
To:        "Koop Mast" <kwm@rainbow-runner.nl>, "Sulabh Kausal" <sulabh.kaushal78@gmail.com>, <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

 > the pth port isn't at fault here. Just rebuild python without the PTH
 > option selected should fix this.

Well, if his python was built WITH_PTH at one point as it seems, then
it does seem like a problem with the pth package now being missing or
corrupted.  Even if he rebuilds python _with_ the PTH option selected it
should fix the issue, too.

In this case, I guess it's a matter of semantics, but I blame the
pth port (or the lack of it).  Somehow his existing python port is
expecting pth and is being brutally disappointed.