Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:32:01 -0800
From:      "Ras-Sol" <ras-sol@usa.net>
To:        "tony" <tony@tntpro.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: the kernel fails here

> ibus __miibus_hack_dep.c
> /usr/lib/crtbeginS.o: In function `_init':
> /usr/lib/crtbeginS.o(.init+0x0): multiple definition of `_init'
> /usr/lib/crti.o(.init+0x0): first defined here
> /usr/lib/crtbeginS.o: In function `_fini':
> /usr/lib/crtbeginS.o(.fini+0x0): multiple definition of `_fini'
> /usr/lib/crti.o(.fini+0x0): first defined here
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/pcn.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/LUNAR

Nice- do I remember seeing something about the 4.1.1 kernel source being
broken out of the box?
(I may be wrong, but I beleive my failures were in the miibus files as well)
(Using dc NIC driver)

I attempted to compile a new kernel several times last night and was seeing
some very strange failures.
(I'm no stranger to kernel compilation)
Tonight I will attempt to compile GENERIC simply to maintain my sanity.