Date:      Sat, 03 Dec 2011 16:45:58 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 7-STABLE: mergemaster tzsetup question

--------------enig41CB839889737CFB80E0ECE5

On 03/12/2011 15:24, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Every time I run mergemaster(8) on 7.4-STABLE, I'm now presented
> with
>=20
> *** There is no /var/db/zoneinfo file to update /etc/localtime.
>     You should run tzsetup
>=20
> Running tzsetup(8) does however not create /var/db/zoneinfo, so
> mergemaster will prompt the next time, too.  I guess I can just
> ignore it, but it seems weird that mergemaster would keep nagging
> about this.
>=20
> Where is /var/db/zoneinfo supposed to come from?
>=20
> I also notice that mergemaster can issue tzsetup arguments -C and
> -r, but tzsetup doesn't support those.
>=20

tzsetup(8) does create /var/db/zoneinfo in 8.2-STABLE.  It's just a
very small text file containing the default timezone name -- eg. I have:

% cat zoneinfo
Europe/London

Just creating that file will quiet mergemaster, although it won't be of
any use to tzsetup in 7.4-STABLE. Looks like this MFC only went into
stable/8, and not stable/7:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D220183

but the related /var/db/zoneinfo code in mergemaster was merged to
stable/7 (as well as stable/8):

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D227150

	Cheers,

	Matthew