Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 1995 11:58:08 -0700
From:      makineni@cs.pdx.edu (Makineni Srihari)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installation problem

Hi,

	I am trying to install FreeBSD2.0 on to my 486-DX2 Compaq PC with 2 IDE
	hard drives. The capacities of two hard drives are 275MB and 540MB
	respectively.

	I am trying to install FreeBSD in the last 80MB of my first disk and on
	all of the second one.

	My root partition is 60MB on first disk.
	I have two swap partitions of 20MB each on both first and second one.
	I have a 'usr' partition of 520MB.

	The sysinstall program on the boot floppy copied the MBR, boot manager
	and the startup kernel to my hard disk.

	when I tried to boot up from my hard disk, the machine hangs after I
	select the UNIX from the boot manager.

	I have previosuly FreeBSD1.1 loaded on my second disk and was working
	fine. I have wiped out everything and started fresh for FreeBSD2.0

	Please, advise me If I did anything wrong or how to solve this problem.

	I appreciate your help