Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 2003 12:50:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Phil Murphy <pmurphy456@yahoo.com>
To:        bsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   login.conf changes not being effected

I've been trying to test out some features in /etc/login.conf. I
created a user "test", in a login class "kids". I edited
/etc/login.conf to include:

kids:\
:daytime=10:\
:tc=default:

I ran cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf, and tried logging in as "test". I
assumed that the user would be logged off in 10 seconds, but this did
not happen. I added:

:sessiontime=10:

and reran cap_mkdb. Still no effect. I reran cap_mkdb -v
/etc/login.conf and received a confirmation message. I have read, and
reread the manpages, googled, searched freebsd.org, bsdforums.org,
etc., and have found that others are experiencing the same problem. I
have not found any solution yet. Is there something I am missing? My
goal is to be able to restrict login times and duration.

I am running 4.9 on a celeron 1.3, 256 mb.

Thanks for any help.

Phil