Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 1996 22:06:09 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mirror maintainers - please check your 2.1.5-RELEASE directory!

>>    Perhaps I should be less ambiguous:
>>
>> ftp2.freebsd.org and ftp6.freebsd.org have the old, broken version.
>> ftp4.freebsd.org doesn't have 2.1.5 at all.
>>
>>    ftp, ftp3, ftp5, and ftp7 are the only ftp<n>.freebsd.org sites that have
>> the updated copy.
>
>Hmm.  I guess I was a little disappointed to discover that
>ftp.freebsd.sol.net wasn't in this list.

   I didn't do an exhaustive check through our official mirrors file. I
only checked the ftp<n>.freebsd.org sites. If you'd like to be added as
ftp8.freebsd.org, you need only ask.

>Anyways, I was curious how others were mirroring the releases.  I've been
>doing it manually, special thanks to wuftpd and tar.  I've had bad luck with
>automated mirroring tools...  what are other folks doing?

   mirror 2.8 is probably your best bet. It's still a disgusting memory pig,
but it's a little better than previous versions.

-DG

David Greenman