Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 2003 19:33:34 +0100
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        Michael Collette <metrol@metrol.net>
Subject:   Re: ThinkPads - native savage_drv.o 1.1.27t now available

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 12:14:01AM -0700, Michael Collette wrote:
> The only oddity I've run into thus far is when I switch off of X into console
> mode with Ctrl-Alt-F2.  When I come back into X I sometimes get graphics just
> stuck in place.  One time it was an empty black square.  Another time it was
> the wait cursor icon.  Wouldn't have been that bad, except they showed up in
> the foreground.  Only a full restart of X got rid of them.

You may need to turn off some of the acceleration features for this card.
Please see http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html for more information
as your symptoms may be similar to those reported earlier.

> One other little oddity with this.  As I stated, I can run mplayer through the
> xv output to get full screen video.  This works beautifully.  The funny part
> is that the video glitches if I try to make it smaller than the default size.
> It keeps playing, but it looks like something with horizontal sync gets
> wacked out.  This is true on both LCD and TV out.

I've found that S-VHS output does not work for me for resolutions greater
than 800x600 due to limitations in the video shifter.

BMS

PS. please try to line-wrap your posts before column ~76.