Date:      Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:43:56 -0400
From:      "Mark Saad" <nonesuch@longcount.org>
To:        "Tony Maher" <tonymaher@optusnet.com.au>, "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: xterm - truetype fonts and missing underscore

Tony
&nbsp;&nbsp;What else is in you .Xresources file . Also have you tried usin=
g xft formated font names . Ie xft:luxi mono:size=3D10 ?

--
Mark Saad
Mark.saad@longcount.orgOn Aug 24, 2011 7:08 AM, Tony Maher &lt;tonymaher@op=

Hello,

recently (not sure exactly when) my xterms no longer showed the underscore=
 character.

In my .Xresources I had (and have had this setting for years):

XTerm*faceName: Monospace

XTerm*faceSize: 10

I noticed when experimenting and modifying values that for one choice

the bottom part of letters like 'g' was missing.

So changed faceSize to 11 and all is good.

In gnome-terminal with Monospace/10 font underscores showed up fine

(and was ok in gnome font selector).  So it appears to be xterm specific.

Has anyone else experienced this?

cheers

--=20

Tony Maher                    email: tonymaher@optusnet.com.au