Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:49:59 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        Matt Penna <mdp1261@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot build kde2/kdelibs2 from ports

On Tuesday 27 November 2001 11:41 am, you wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I checked the archives and found a few problems similar to mine, but was
> not able to find any suggested solutions.
>
> I recently installed 4.4-Release on a clean system with the intention of
> installing XFree86 4.1 and KDE2 from ports, so I did not install XFree86
> 3.3.6 during the install. XFree86 4 built, installed and ran just fine, but
> I cannot seem to build KDE2. I keep getting errors during the build of
> kdelibs2. I tried the build more than once, updated the ports collection
> using cvsup, and even did a 'make distclean' on the entire ports tree, but
> nothing seemed to help. I initially tried the KDE build using
> WITH_MOTIF=yes, but it does not build without this option, either.

(snip)
> Is there something broken in the kde port, or have I made a mistake
> somewhere? Any suggestions would be appreciated! (This built fine for me a
> few weeks ago when I was using X 3.3.6.)
>
>          Matt

The problem is with the update of libxml2. You can fix the compile error by
moving the first include in xlmerror.h to above the ifndef. Or wait a couple
of days, kde-2.2.2 will be out shortly.

Beech

     Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510