Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 2014 11:54:10 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
To:        Kim Shrier <kim@westryn.net>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@freebsd.org>, Phil Shafer <phil@juniper.net>, John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>, "Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@juniper.net>, arch@freebsd.org, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, freebsd-arch <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>, Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: XML Output: libxo - provide single API to output TXT, XML, JSON and HTML

On 12/24/14 11:44 AM, Kim Shrier wrote:
>> On Dec 24, 2014, at 12:23 AM, Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> I have a github branch where I've started to merge the netstat patch in.
>>
>> I'm not sure I'm going to finish this one, if someone wants to pick it up, send me a pull request.
>>
>> The patch's .rej files are checked in so that it's easy to merge via a side-by-side editor of the file and .rej file.
>>
>> https://github.com/splbio/freebsd/tree/ap_libxo_netstat
>>
>> https://github.com/splbio/freebsd/compare/ap_libxo_netstat?expand=1
>>
>> -Alfred
>>
> I have some time to look at this.
>
> Just to make sure I understand what is needed.  I have cloned your repository and checked out the ap_libxo_netstat branch.  I see the following files in usr.bin/netstat:
>
>      inet.c.rej
>      inet6.c.rej
>      main.c.rej
>      mroute.c.rej
>      netgraph.c.rej
>      route.c.rej
>      unix.c.rej
>
> Is all you need is to have these rejected patches merged in or is there more?
>
> Kim

Kim,

Yes.  I am actually blowing through this today, I have inet.c.rej merged
and inet6.c.rej almost merged.

If you want to start at unix.c.rej and work your way towards me that
would be cool.   I'll email to this list as I make progress and cc you.

Other option would be to grab a different utility and start merging that?

You can grab other utilities here:

https://github.com/Juniper/libxo/tree/master/patches

I have commit access, so if you want to send pull requests to my branch
I can incorporate your changes into the upstream later.

Let me know which direction you want to take.

thank you!
-Alfred