Date:      Fri, 30 May 2003 06:06:15 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Igor Sysoev <is@rambler-co.ru>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendfile(2) SF_NOPUSH flag proposal

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 09:35:28PM +0400, Igor Sysoev wrote:
>> But more to the point, so far you are the only one who is not
>> saying that sendfile() needs to be fixed, instead of kludged.
>
>By the way I do not see that Peter Jeremy said that sendfile() needs
>to be fixed, he said only that my flags are needless and I should
>prove their usefulness.

I admit I never said sendfile() was broken - only because I wasn't
familiar enough with either its current behaviour or with the most
desirable behaviour.  But instead of arguing semantics, how about
providing some hard data on why your changes should be applied (as I
requested in my first post).

So far you have between 4 and 8 people who have argued against your
changes (depending on how you count).  You have yet to come up with
any people or hard facts to back up your position.  As far as I am
concerned, unless and until you manage to produce something concrete
to back up your assertions, this thread has outlived its usefulness.

Peter