Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 11:32:00 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: softupdates related problem in -current

> On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 10:18:43PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> > 	Another problem I'm having in -current right now is with softupdates. Wh=
> en
> > the system panic'ed the first time, it came up ok and fsck'ed fine with no
> > apparent loss of data. However, during the fsck it complained bitterly
> > about my superblocks, and when it was done and the system booted, the
> > softupdates attribute was missing from the filesystems that had it set.=
> =20
>
> Yep, I've seen this too.

I think this is related to the bogus ``corrupt first superblock''
message that forces a manual fsck (-b32 doesn't work, -Tufs:-b32 is
required) two times out of three.
--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>