Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:33:36 +0100
From:      Matthias Schuendehuette <msch@snafu.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: gvinum again?

Hi,

Am Montag, 15. November 2004 18:25 schrieb Paul Mather:
> [...]
> I don't know if growfs is 100% robust enough yet to provide the other
> important ingredient to a true LVM storage management system a la the
> logical volume manager on AIX or AdvFS on Tru64, say.

Yes, it is. I use (g)vinum primarily as a LVM with concat plexes on
ProLiant Servers with SmartRAID-Controllers, so mirroring and/or RAID5
is done in hardware.

The extension of filesystems on concat plexes works (simply) as
advertised... :-) At least *I* had no problems so far.
--
Ciao/BSD - Matthias

Matthias Schuendehuette <msch [at] snafu.de>, Berlin (Germany)
PGP-Key at <pgp.mit.edu> and <wwwkeys.de.pgp.net> ID: 0xDDFB0A5F