Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2000 17:22:47 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xntpd - VERY old folks, how about updating? :-)

On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 06:17:59PM -0500, Chuck Robey wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, Karl Denninger wrote:
>
> > > If you intend to keep up this "sour grapes" attitude, despite all
> > > the helpful answers you have gotten so far, you should consider
> > > stopping before you have worn out your welcome.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Poul-Henning Kamp             FreeBSD coreteam member
> >
> > <profanity censored>
> >
> > Yes, the "F-word".
> >
> > You have no ability to determine "my welcome".
>
> Karl, you've now managed to irritate a lot of folks.  Jumping on Steve,
> who is normally a huge worker, and totally inoffensive, was really pushing
> things, but then jumping on Poul, who is somewhat easier to touch off,
> well, you have been just about advertising "I want a fight!", although no
> one's really given you much reason for it.
>
> Poul's response was right, you should come back in a few days, when you've
> had time to cool off.  No one else really wants to keep the fight going.

I don't give a shit what Poul wants - or what you want.

Corporate shilling does NOT go past me without a response, and Paol is
completely full of shit in the context (time servers used by HUMANS for
ORDINARY uses) that we were discussing at the time.

Sticking custom PCI boards into a PC that count nanosecond-level clock
transitions before the processor can get around to reading the input latch
(at a cost of several hundred dollars MORE as a one-off science project)

*DOES NOT COUNT*.

Since I see the FreeBSD "treehouse" mentality hasn't changed, I guess
my ORIGINAL assessment was correct.

Duplicity and bullshit still rule the roost, just as they did a couple
of years ago.

Why the hell Walnut Creek wastes their money on your type REMAINS beyond
my comprehension.

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net)  Web: http://childrens-justice.org
Isn't it time we started putting KIDS first?  See the above URL for
a plan to do exactly that!