Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:19:26 +0000
From:      "Ken Williams" <zoo9000@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   current locale is not supported in X11, locale is set to CX

  Hi,

   A bit of a newbie question I guess but I couldn't find anything
related in the mail achives. I've just installed the
/usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14 port which seemed to go
smoothly but when I try to run a simple Java program I get
this error message (below).

root@tokyo:~/StadiumDesigner# java -jar StadiumDesigner.jar
current locale is not supported in X11, locale is set to CX locale modifiers
are not supported, using defaultException in thread "main"
java.lang.NullPointe
rException
        at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(ImageIcon.java:138)
        at StadiumDesigner.createImageIcon(StadiumDesigner.java:268)
        at StadiumDesigner.addToggleButtons(StadiumDesigner.java:353)
        at StadiumDesigner.init(StadiumDesigner.java:123)
        at StadiumDesigner.main(StadiumDesigner.java:164)
root@tokyo:~/StadiumDesigner#

     Everything else seems to work fine with X and I'm not sure how
(or what) to fix. Any help is appreciated.

     TIA

  Ken

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger