Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:24:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Conrad Minshall <conrad@apple.com>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, msmith@mass.dis.org
Subject:   Re: Found NFS data corruption bug... (was Re: NFS: How to make FreeBSD    fall on its face in one easy step )

:...
:>    with out-of-order operations from nfsiod's that apparently may come
:>    up after a week or so of testing.  I asked Jordan to try to track down
:>    the NeXT guy who fixed that one in the old NFS stack.
:
:This bug showed up recently here with fsx testing.  I seem to have fixed it
:last week in MacOS X.  The diffs were widespread but the idea was simple
:enough so a few code snippets should suffice:
:
:nfs_request gets a new argument (u_int64_t *xidp) and fills it in here:
:
:...

    Ok, I understand.  That will probably be a little too complex to make
    the 4.5 release, but I'll do it post-4.5.

						-Matt