Date:      21 Feb 2000 11:32:18 +0100
From:      naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape extreme instability on -CURRENT?

In article <38B0CE99.626896B2@dnai.com>, Adam Kranzel <shade@dnai.com> wrote:

> Netscape (Communicator, both the naitive FreeBSD version and the linux
> version), are extremely unstable on my system (4.0-CURRENT snapshot of
> Feb 14th).

I have no particular trouble with Navigator 4.7 on 4.0-CURRENT from
about a week earlier. It segfaults occasionally, but mostly only on
program exit when I couldn't care less.

> The FreeBSD version works fine for a while, then just locks up hard, and
> usually requires a kill -9.

How patient have you been? I've seen it apparently lock up, and in
fact lock up the whole X11 desktop, but after a minute or so it
caught itself again. That's all rather rare though.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de