Date:      Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:04:51 +0200
From:      =?windows-1252?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@DeepCore.dk>
To:        =?windows-1252?Q?Uro=9A_Gruber?= <uros.gruber@sir-mag.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with sata drive

Uro=9A Gruber wrote:
> Hello!
>=20
> I've notice that freebsd from beta4 does not recognize my sata 150 driv=
> anymore. With beta3 it works now with beta4 or beta5 there's only udma3=
3.
>=20
> I have ICH6 chipset, is there anything I can do. here is my dmesg outpu=

The ICH6 is not supported yet (ENOHW), so it will show up as a generic=20
ATA controller. However since all SATA controllers (at least until we=20
get SATA-II) always run the interface at 150MB/s thats what you will get =

no matter what the probe says (unless you use old PATA disks with=20
PATA->SATA converter dongles).

-S=F8ren