Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 23:07:47 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UUCP (important clarification)

According to Jordan K. Hubbard:
> Anyone masochistic enough to still use UUCP in this day and age is
> also capable of fixing any breakage that may occur, I think.  Go for it. ;)

If it could be that simple (I don't mind being labelled masochistic) but in
some countries like France or Germany, you pay phone calls by the minute
and when you want to transfer mail & news, you appreciate UUCP, the
automatic connections, the compression of news batches and so on.

Remember how much we pay for a mere 64 Kbps line ? <g>
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #35: Sun Sep 21 19:28:07 CEST 1997