Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 2000 01:27:47 -0300
From:      "Matt Rudderham" <matt@researcher.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FW: Making an ISO

>A couple of days ago I sent a message to this list with a problem when
installing FreeBSD 4.1.1 with an ISO image that I
>recorded.
>The error was when choosing the multimedia type as CD, with a message
saying the CD in the drive was not a FreeBSD CD or it >was an old version of
FreeBSD, and did not contain a version number. I received some replies but
still I could not make it
>work.
>So, I was wondering through the 4.1.1-RELEASE directory, and found a file
named "cdrom.inf" that has a version number.
>My question is, I am supposed to burn these two files? 4.1.1-install.iso
and cdrom.inf? I only burned the .iso file.

>Thanks, any reply is appreciated.
>A. Demetrio Jr.

The ISO file should not be burned by simply copying it to the CD. You should
a program under Windoze such as FireBurner or CDRWin to burn the ISO, It is
an image of all of files which should appear on the CD. Forgive me if I
misunderstood your post, it appeared you burned the file straight to CD.
- Matt