Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:00:49 -0400
From:      "Jud" <judmarc@fastmail.fm>
To:        "Kent Stewart" <kstewart@owt.com>, "K Anderson" <freebsduser@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ports woes.

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:32:43 -0700, "Kent Stewart" <kstewart@owt.com>
said:
> On Thursday 25 September 2003 04:12 pm, K Anderson wrote:
> > Kent Stewart wrote:

[snip]

> > > I don't have any idea what you problem is; however, there is an
> > > ongoing discussion on -current with people having port problems.
> > > What I remember is that the freeze has them locked and they can't
> > > patch the ports to build and install on -current until the port
> > > freeze is over. You might be caught by this problem or something
> > > entirely different.

I'm obviously getting into this very late, but I'll hazard a couple of
suggestions.  Apologies if they've already been discussed/discarded.

1. If you haven't already, run portsdb -uU and pkgdb -F.

2. If it isn't among the "portupgrade stuff" you've already tried, the
-fRN options in combination may work.

Jud