Date:              Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:23:48 MST
From:      Brock Tellier <btellier@USA.NET>
To:        BUGTRAQ@SECURITYFOCUS.COM
Subject:        Re: [Re: FreeBSD 3.3's seyon vulnerability]

It would be nice if you:

(a) filed a pr using send-pr(1) or the web interface
or
(b) contacted security-officer@FreeBSD.org
or
(c) sent mail to the maintainer of the port

I've sent mail to security-officer@freebsd.org several times regarding the
"faxalter" exploit and "amanda" exploit and recieved no response.
Interestingly, now that I have neglected to send mail to this address, I've
recieved a response from someone.  You can't expect people to keep sending
mail into the void until someone at FreeBSD decides that "this one is
important enough".  I gave the standard week or so to recieve email back for
the previous vulnerabilities I reported and will do so in the future.  If I
don't hear back, you can bet I'll still post.

Brock Tellier
UNIX Systems Administrator
Chicago, IL, USA