Date:      Wed, 2 Sep 2009 15:54:13 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        Ed Jobs <oloringr@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zfs on gmirror slice

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 01:50:24PM +0300, Ed Jobs wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 September 2009 13:29, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> >
> > I think zpool export and then zpool import should fix it. See the manpage.
> >

> a simple zpool import will list all the pools available that you can import,
> then you can use
> zpool import -f <pool> to import it.
>
> the only problem i found with that, is that on a fixit environment, i had a
> zroot pool mounted as legacy and when i imported it with -f it broke the whole
> thing. some libraries went missing and i couldn't even ls.

Most probably you had mountpoint set to system paths (/usr, for
example).

The -R option could help ypu there, so all zfses will be mounted
relative to an alternative root and not overwrite the fixit system
paths. That is a proprietary property and will not be saved to the pool
anyway.

I evn usually set mountpoint=/ for the root zfs when I make zfs
boot systems, works like a charm.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>