Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:17:50 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        "Chris J. Mutter" <cjm@s2.enemy.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mylex dac960pu on alpha

On 2003-Apr-02 14:08:13 +0200, "Chris J. Mutter" <cjm@s2.enemy.org> wrote:
>i have a question to the dac960pu: can this controller under firmware
>2.x work with LVD drives bigger than 9gig? i would like to know this
>before i order drives.

If this is a KZPAC-AA or KZPAC-CA then you can use drives >9GB but I
don't think it supports LVD.  We have tried both 18GB and 36GB drives
and both work as JBOD drives - but the 36GB drive is limited to 32GB
(the block addresses wrap at 26 bits).  I haven't tried mirroring
(though I'd expect that to work) or creating multiple logical drives
on a single physical drive.

Peter