Date:      Sun, 5 Jul 1998 23:07:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      vega vega <vega1@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cant get ess1868 plug n play sound card working

i have an ess1868 plug n play sound card that, try as
i might, will not work. ive tried both the snd0 with
voxware drivers and the luigi driver

with the voxware (trying every irq i have) i keep
getting the message at boot time:

sb0 not found at 0x220

the lines in my kernel conf file are as follows:

controller	snd0
device sb0	at isa? port 0x220 irq 9 drq 1 vector
	sbintr
options SBC_IRQ=9

i have windows installed on the same system and it
says the card uses irq 9

when i used the luigi driver it told me at boot time:

This is an ESS1868, but LDN 1 is disabled
pcm0 not found at 0xffffffff

although pnp0 is picking it up at boot time:

CSN 2 Vendor ID: ESS1868 [0x68187316] Serial 0xffffffff

sorry for the long message but i wanted to get all
the info in that i could from the beginning...