Date:      Sat, 01 Apr 2000 11:58:36 -0500
From:      Stephen <routerg@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0-release +vibra16

Hello,

I have recently installed 4.0 release and am thoroughly impressed with
the new security fixes.  Wrapping everything in inetd is a fantastic
idea and including open ssh well, hats off!

Unfortunately I have an old vibra16 sound card that make x11amp freak
out and mpg123 can't open /dev/dsp.  Coincidentally, I am using a
Matsushita/Panasonic cd drive that I can mount for data so far.  I have
used the following lines in my kernel config file with no results

device          matcd0  at isa? port 0x230
device pcm0      at isa? port? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0 vector pcmintr
device         snd
device                 pcm0 at isa? port ? irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0
device          pcm
device          pcm0 at isa? irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0
device          sbc0    at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
device          gusc0   at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x13
device          pca0 at isa? port IO_TIMER1

I've done a sh MAKEDEV snd and dsp is there.  I've even tried
incorporating Luigi Rizo's old drivers into the new ones.  Any info
would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Stephen