Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 07:49:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        ann kok <annkok2001@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: shell script

At Wed, 16 Jan 2002 it looks like ann kok composed:

> Dear all
>
> I would like to learn shell script
>
> Could you suggest the websites and books?

Linux and Unix Shell Programming by: David Tansley

Paperback - 528 pages 1 edition (December 27, 1999)
Addison-Wesley Pub Co; ISBN: 0201674726
; Dimensions (in inches): 0.96 x 9.20 x 6.71

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201674726/qid=1011195737/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_15_1/102-6935470-6904146

I've actually got a few books but carry this one around with me,
it's compact and has a great layout full of examples etc with
chapters and real life examples of "find" and "xargs" and "sed"
"grep" and "awk" "quotes" "testing" "case" "loops" (for,until,while)
and the login environment related to /etc/profile ~/.profile etc.

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076                 -o)