Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 1999 20:45:26 +0300 (AST)
From:      root@isis.dynip.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't figure out the device name for WORMCONTROL

Hi there;
I am trying to use the /usr/share/examples/worm
script burncd.sh

it uses the wormcontrol program to burn CDs.
Can't get it to work as no rworm0 device in /dev/MAKEDEV
and don't know how to create one.

It is surprising that WORM is defined in MAKEDEV but never used to
create any devices ??
I am running 4.0-Current.

My CD is ATAPI, HP CD-Writer (RW) 8100
and is present on the second IDE channel as SLAVE.
Please Help.

PS: I am obliged to use wormcontrol because:
1. CD-Write does not compile on 4.0 -current due to Tix port problems
2. cdrecord only deals with scsi CDroms.

By the way anyone knows how to enable SOFTUPDATES on 4.0-current
my system is knda sluggish, especially if I am making release while
living my daily life on the machine.

Thanks for any help in advance.