Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 19:54:20 +0100 (CET)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: telnet problems

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Kris Kennaway wrote:
Dear Kris.
Yes, I made a full make world.
When login in via X11, I do not have any problem (so, I use only
the console as X11 terminal). When login in via Tera Term Pro telnet
client, coming from my bureau, I have no problems. But: sometimes
telnet dumps core, wonder why! And: some of mz customers can not
login from some other places, telnet-daemon immediately stops after
printing OS version (I have FBSD 4.0-STABLE, today's last
patches ...). I'm confused about the different behaviour of
telnet, login and X11, sorry, I did not find any information about
each service is relating to what kind of configuration file
and which configuration file has precedence over which other file (it
seems to me that obviously /etc/login.access has precedence over
/etc/login.conf, but what's with pam.conf and auth.conf?).

>On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, O. Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Since yesterday's last cvsupdate I got massive problems with telnet.
>> Telnet now drops a core when called!
>
>Did you do a full make world, and to which version of FreeBSD?
>
>Kris
>
>----
>In God we Trust -- all others must submit an X.509 certificate.
>    -- Charles Forsythe <forsythe@alum.mit.edu>

Gruss O. Hartmann