Date:      Sat, 30 Jan 1999 06:36:38 -0500
From:      James Capone <james@ptm.com>
To:        "'info@pht.com'" <info@pht.com>, "'suse@suse.de'" <suse@suse.de>
Subject:   Please Read , Very Important , About Linux/Unix OS

FreeOS@iname.com

PERSONAL
Attention:

Dear Sir or Madam:
Subject: Freedom Of Choice.

                          The reason I am writing you today is a very good
one. I am not asking for any money or Donations in that Matter. I am asking
for your support and help in a big matter.

                   The matter at hand is that people out there have no
choice of what type of Operating System they can have in their computers.
It is making a lot of people UPSET. When we see ads on T.V about a company
that will build you a computer from you specifications we get a little
giddy about it. Well I am tired of being told "NO" by these companies. I
want to have the choice of what OS goes in to my Computer. Be it Windows,
or a Linux based system. They clearly state in the Ads and on the Web "We
will build you a computer to fit your needs."  Well no they will not.

                   I am not saying that Windows is a Bad OS. BUT it isn't
for everyone. What about those of us that want the Linux or Unix based OS.
We cant have it Pre-Installed. No we have to pay for it to get the Computer
we want. Then we must spend time deleting the system from the computer. We
all know of the EULA loophole. The problem is by the time you Finally see
some of that Money it isn't nearly worth what you paid for the Software you
don't want. And you have to fight for Months to get it. Sure you can file a
claim with the Fair Trade Commission, Even then it will take time.

                   What I am doing is having people fill out a short form
on my webpage to send to these Computer makers and vendors. It is about
time that they start to live up to their Ads. If we choose to spend our
Hard earned money with them we should have a Choice. What I am doing is
gathering all the email from these people. I then will send it to the
companies VIA my own Email account. I will send it to the Companies once I
hit around 50-100 emails per company. If all the people on the net send
companies email every so often, They shrug it off. If they receive around
100+ emails at one time, they start to read. So please I ask for your
support in this effort, Help us have the "FREEDOM OF CHOICE" Please see my
webpage for more information. The url is
www.angelfire.com/biz2/Linux/company.html . I also have Linux Mall and IACT
as supporters. I think it would be great to have the makers of the software
that we all so love to support this worthy cause also.

Respectfully yours,

James J. Capone
WebMaster
Linux Info. www.angelfire.com/biz2/Linux