Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 13:32:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jaime <jaime@snowmoon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Making IMP work

(WARNING:                                                               )
(       I've got a lot of details in here, so this letter is a bit long.)
(       The issue *should* be a simple oversite or something, though.   )
(       All help is greatly appreciated.                                )

	I've been trying to get IMP to work on-and-off for months now.
At the moment, it solves a need at my job.  Namely, that I don't have an
ethernet jack at my desk....  Even though I'm the net admin.... Go
figure....

	Anyway, so its time to try to make it work again.  :)  I'd like to
scale this up to the 200-odd accounts that we have, but I can't even get
it working with one yet.  Here's what I tried:

1) Downloaded from ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports the .tar files
for wu-imap.tar, apache13-php3.tar, SSLeay.tar, rsaref.tar, mysql321.tar,
gd.tar, and did "make install"s for them all.

2) Added the "--with-imap" flag to the Makefile for PHP3 in the
./apache13-php3/work/php-3.0.5/ directory.

3) Downloaded imp-1998-12-1.tar.gz from http://horde.org/imp/.  Copied it
to ~/public_html and unarchived it.

4) Edited ~/public_html/imp-1998-12-1/config/default.conf for the server,
etc.  Its a modified copy of
~/public_html/imp-1998-12-1/config/examples/horde.org.

5) I can now bring the login screen up in Netscape 4.0.  Putting in my
username, password, a server of 10.1.1.1 (local IP of this server), and
"mail/" for the directory, I log in.  It actually brings up an index of my
inbox just fine.

	Now for the problems:

1)  I get the following errors at the top of the frame where my inbox is:

Warning: REG_BADRPT in /home/jaime/public_html/imp-1998-12-1/mailbox.php3
on line 85

Warning: Uninitialized variable or array index or property (page) in
/home/jaime/public_html/imp-1998-12-1/mailbox.php3 on line 188

Warning: Uninitialized variable or array index or property (start) in
/home/jaime/public_html/imp-1998-12-1/mailbox.php3 on line 190

Warning: REG_BADRPT in ./lib/imp.lib on line 232

Warning: Uninitialized array index (0) in ./lib/imp.lib on line 241

Warning: REG_BADRPT in ./lib/imp.lib on line 232

Warning: Uninitialized array index (0) in ./lib/imp.lib on line 241

(etc...)

2)  In the top left corner, I get:

Warning: Uninitialized variable or array index or property (user) in
./lib/imp.lib on line 336

3)  Clicking on pretty much any link (to read a letter, check my
addressbook, etc.) will log me out of IMP immedeately.

	I'm assuming that all of these are caused by either a misconfig,
an oversite, and a silly mistake in the apache/imap/etc. install.  ALL
tips on this are appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  :)

						Jaime

P.S. - Sorry for the long post.  I wanted to make sure that what I did
wrong was obvious to those who know this stuff.