Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:13:45 -0400
From:      "Morse, Richard E." <REMORSE@PARTNERS.ORG>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Question about ssh setup...

Hi!  I have a problem -- I have a user who wants to be able to connect to my
server via a script, get a directory listing, then use scp to copy some files
off.  The problem is that ssh (which is the only way to connect) doesn't allow
you to pass the password to it as a parameter (which is a good thing, I guess).
As this script runs around midnight, this presents a problem.  I've tried to set
up ssh to use the RHostsRSAEncryption, with a .shosts file, but it still prompts
for a password when he tries to login.  The machine he is connecting from is in
the ~/.ssh/known_hosts file, and I set up the .shosts file with the machine that
he will be connecting from and his user name.  Is there anything else that I
need to set up for this to work?

Thanks,
Ricky