Date:      Thu, 22 Jan 1998 17:43:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Brunner <cjb@efn.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Playing Midi files

I have been trying to get midis to play well in FreeBSD since I got it,
but I've had no luck.  I set up the VOXWARE stuff all fine and dandy, but
midis just sound really, really bad, if they play at all.  Sometimes,
there is no playback at all, sometimes I get a core dump.  When I say they
sound really bad, I mean the notes are the wrong instraments or not
played, and sound off-tone.
I have a SB32 PnP configured with Luigi's PnP driver running on FreeBSD
2.2.5.  The card has 2MB of onboard memory for loading soundfonts.
Thanks a lot, this problem has been bothering me for the 2 years I've been
running FreeBSD.

- Chris Brunner -
- cjb@efn.org   -