Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2006 19:37:39 -0500
From:      "David Stanford" <dthomas53@gmail.com>
To:        "Karl Sinn" <news@budostore.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Configuration of Grub?

On 12/9/06, Karl Sinn <news@budostore.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Samstag, 9. Dezember 2006 23:19 schrieb David Stanford:
> > title FreeBSD
> >         root (hd1,0,a)
> >         kernel /boot/loader
>
> This worked.
>
> But I have to say, I don't know why.
> It is the third harddisk in the system, and it's definitifly the slave on
> the
> second IDE-port.
>
> During the installation I had to identify the disk with ad3.
>
> How can grub mix the harddisks up and set this one to hd1?
> Is there any logic behind?

Can't definitively explain this one. I'm assuming your first IDE port has a
CD/DVD drive and the first disk?  The *only* guess I have is that Grub, in
fact, does only count existing hard drives and didn't find one of the first
two (for whatever reason). Other than that, I got nothing. Anyway, glad you
got it working.

Anyway I already have the next problem: How to start KDE
> But I'll check the Handbook first and start a new thread if I don't
> manage.

http://freebsd.kde.org/instructions.php

Good luck!

-David
--
[root@fbsd ~]# fortune
Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion.