Date:      Mon, 22 May 2006 13:42:04 -0400
From:      Michael Butler <imb@protected-networks.net>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: requests for mbufs denied?

Robert Watson wrote:
> This is believed to be a result of an error in the statistics
> measurement logic in UMA.  I've committed the attached patch to the
> CVS HEAD, and am looking for feedback over the next couple of weeks
> before merging to RELENG_6 (and possibly the errata branches).  Any
> testing and reports of success or failure would be most welcome.
I've just installed the RELENG_6 equivalent of this patch (below) on 3
machines and will let you know if I see anything untoward,

*** uma_core.c.orig     Tue Feb 14 08:16:40 2006
--- uma_core.c  Mon May 22 13:09:26 2006
***************
*** 2417,2424 ****
         * If nothing else caught this, we'll just do an internal free.
         */
  zfree_internal:
!       uma_zfree_internal(zone, item, udata, SKIP_DTOR, ZFREE_STATFAIL |
!           ZFREE_STATFREE);

        return;
  }
--- 2417,2423 ----
         * If nothing else caught this, we'll just do an internal free.
         */
  zfree_internal:
!       uma_zfree_internal(zone, item, udata, SKIP_DTOR, ZFREE_STATFREE);

        return;
  }

--
Michael Butler, CISSP