Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 17:06:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        John Margaritis <ioannis@widow.aracnet.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Boot disk!

On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, John Margaritis wrote:

> Could anyone tell me how to make a FBSD system boot disk.  Does a FBSD
> system disk load all the basic commands as DOS/Win95 do (i.e. copy, edit,
> fdisk style utility, format, etc.)?

See the Handbook, section 10.5.9.5 on creating an emergency recovery disk.
Also, the combination of the install boot floppy and fixit floppy can get
you a resonably enabled shell.

>  How do I create a dual-boot
> environment; FBSD-Win95?

Install booteasy.  Copy bootinst.exe and boot.bin to your hard drive and
run bootinst  whilst running DOS 6.x, or disable boot sector locking
with the 'lock' command under Win95 (untested).