Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 1998 16:31:50 -0500
From:      "M. Maxwell" <drwho@xnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Zmodem File Transfer Problems

Here's one that's giving me quite a few headaches.  First off, the details:

	FreeBSD 2.2.7
	Minicom 1.78 (package)
	lrzsz 0.12.16 (package)
	lrzsz 0.12.18 (package)

Using minicom and lrzsz to transfer files via zmodem.  Everything works
find when downloading.  However, when uploading, there appears to be some
sort of error-correction problem.  The file starts to upload, stops,
backs up, starts again, etc.  It takes forever to upload a file this way.

I did not have this problem when doing the same thing under Linux (debian)
with the same hardware, same modem init string, same term program, same
transfer protocols.  I know my hardware is fine.

I should point out that the above problem occurs using lrzsz 0.12.16.
If i use the 0.12.18 package, it just dumps core before it even gets
started.

I've tried changing init strings and port speeds, but no luck.  Normally,
I run the port at 115200.  I tried backing it down to 57600 but no luck
there either.

Also, I don't run anything else on that port (no getty process, etc.):
 ttyd1   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   dialup  off insecure

Any ideas on this one please?  I *do* need to get file transfer working
over zmodem here.  So far this is the ONLY problem I've had with FreeBSD,
and I'd like to eliminate it :)

--
drwho @ xnet.com  --   http://www.xnet.com/~drwho/
"Freedom of government is good, but freedom FROM government is better."