Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:14:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        igiveup@ix.netcom.com (Ben Speirs)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Roasting Newbies

> > > [Try a light garlic and basil marinade. Roast for 5 minutes per pound,
> > > basting every half hour]
> > [Is that chopped or crushed garlic? And what kind of drink goes with
> > it?]
>
> [Mmm ... young, tender newbies!  Watch out for the tough hackers
> though.  Roasted hacker leaves a pretty bitter taste in your mouth. ]

Garlic preferences depend on taste; I prefer crushed with newbie.

For roasted hacker, I generally use a marinade with a base of
raspberry vinagerette.  The berry tang helps soften the bitter hacker
flavor.

> I like the plan for catching the newbies that go astray and teaching
> them.  For the rare bits of spam and the incredibly clueless newbie
> posts, there is always the delete key.

Well, I look at it another way: if someone *wants* to piss us off,
resulting in their computer screen melting in a burst of flame, who
are we to say no?  ;)

Next on the newbie trouble document list: linux mode and make world

==ml