Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 2002 20:11:01 -0500
From:      David Loszewski <stealth215@attbi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with Netfinity 5000 and freebsd

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 4.6.2 on my IBM Netfinity 5000.  Windows
2000 installed fine and without a problem but when i try to install
FreeBSD as soon as it goes past the line:

pcib1: <ServerWorks NB6536 2.0 HE host to PCI bridge> on motherboard
pci1: <PCI bus> on pcib1

As soon as these two lines come up the error light on my system goes on,
the diagnostic board shows the PCI1 aned NMI error lights are on, the
only thing that the those LED's tell me is that "an Error occurred on
PCI channel bus1 or system board", and "Non-maskable interrupt occurred"
After that it will continues loading all the drives and probing devices
for about 30 seconds and then the system reboots. I have been trying to
research this and am coming up empty handed.  All I know is that I've
been working on this problem for about a month now and that Windows 2000
works fine on it (but I want FreeBSD). Any advice or anything would
really help.

Dave