Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:19:36 +0100
From:      Oliver Leitner <Shadow333@gmx.at>
To:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: keeping freebsd uptodate - doubt

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 17:08, Robert Huff wrote:
> Karol Kwiatkowski writes:
> >  Someone else should comment on that, but I think updating (cvsup)
> >  ports tree once a week should be often enough to track changes
> >  and rare enough to not overload mirrors.
>
> 	The other theory involves more frequent (i,e, daily) but
> presumably smaller updates.
> 	On the gripping hand ... I'm not convinced the mirrors are
> in danger of overload except possibly at the end of a ports freeze.
>

> 			Robert Huff

Well... in general the daily small updates is a good idea, *if* youre not on
a dialup, isdn or slow austrian cable connection, things can get annoying
with that...

besides the more obvious reason why daily updates on every package isnt a
good idea, if you dont want to read UPDATES file daily;)

Greetings
Oliver Leitner
Technical Staff
http://www.shells.at
--
By reading this mail you agree to the following:

using or giving out the email address and any
other info of the author of this email is strictly forbidden.
By acting against this agreement the author of this mail
will take possible legal actions against the abuse.