Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 06:20:10 +1300
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@squiz.co.nz>
To:        Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wanted: descr. packet dataflow interfaces / forwarding / ipfw /  nat

Packets coming out of NAT are just ordinary packets which get passed to the
TCP stack again.  Packets coming in on some interface will go to ipfw which
may or may not block, log (hint) or send the packet to NAT.  packets coming
from NAT will then pass back into the tcp stack, and therefore ipfw.  I
presume they are first outgoing and then incoming on lo0, and then outgoing on
whichever interface you route the packet to.

Andrew McNaughton