Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:45:11 +1100
From:      Andrew Johns <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Gimp not rendering fonts from PC Xterminal

Hmm - a tricky one here...

I have a 3.1R system with gimp-1.0.2 installed - works well as
long as I'm running X _on the console_.

ie: rendering text (from the script-fu's) works perfectly _but_
only on the console.

If I X from a PC (Labtam's PC X) it doesn't display the text -
the script-fu doesn't complain about the fonts because they are
enabled - I can even view them in the Text window object thingy
(the gimp one and also in xfontsel and they also show up on
xlsfonts) but they won't display on the image.

TIA for any ideas - I've racked my brain but I just can't figure
this one out.

--
Regards                        |    _/\_/\
Andrew Johns BSc (Comp Sci)    |   /      \

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT, or better,' so I
installed FreeBSD."