Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 19:04:42 +0200
From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <daniel.sobral@tcoip.com.br>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Mirror Out]

Hi,

Daniel C. Sobral wrote on Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 11:57:52AM -0300:
> And now that the message finally decided to go out, it seems we have
> them back. It's about four days out of date for the moment, and I don't
> understand how the raid could repair a raid 1 partition, but at least
> the cvsup seems to have worked fine.
[..]

Since RAID 1 is a mirror configuration, this is fairly easy
to repair. Just sync the new drive with the remaining mirror drive.
It can even be done while the system is running (or at least
it should be, don't know about vinum here, but I guess you are
not using vinum anyway?).

With RAID 0 (stripe) you would have lost....

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock        - "Do you love yourself ?" - "Yes!" (Isar 12) -
*Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 25735 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/*