Date:      Thu, 1 Dec 2005 19:48:50 +0100
From:      Blue Raccoon <blue.raccoon@wanadoo.nl>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't run scripts no more: "permission denied"

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 20:15:12 +0200
Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:

> When did those scripts run fine?  What did you change since then?

First of all I've been stupid. I used
# ./ script.name
when I should have used
# ./script.name

Apparently, this is what causes the "permission denied". And I now remembered I started doing it this (wrong) way because I could not run the 'sylpheed' script. As a newbie I had doubts... maybe there should be a space?...

But the 'sylpheed' script still would not run: "command not found". There is only one command in the file (which works fine on the command line) and a comment: #!/bin/bash
I copied the script from the web. But apparently the comment is not a comment. When I remove it the script works (not from firefox, but that's a different problem).

I'll go wipe the egg off my face now.

- and thanks.

--
Jay